Sunday, July 31, 2005

“Those whom God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.”
I heard these words at the best wedding I have ever attended, yesterday.
I had been wanting to attend an Anglican, or Reformed wedding for a long time and I was thoroughly satisfied with what I saw. I think it’s amazing that the prayer book service can be used for hundreds of years and hold the same reverence and beauty.
The reception was very nice also. Great food, music, and dancing. Maggie danced until 10:30! It was the first wedding she has been to and she is thoroughly hooked. She told me today “Rachel, YOU need to get married”. “Oh.” I said. I think she had in mind more dancing.
Now for a complete change of subject…..
I have found two sympathizers, apart from my family, on my dislike for “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”. One is a film review http://decentfilms.com/reviews/charlieandthechocolatefactory.html someone else also saw the Michael Jackson correlation with an extreme dislike for Johnny Depp’s portrayal of Wonka.
My other source was Brian Godawa who does not have a review and never will because he dislikes Tim Burton films, mainly for his poor story lines.
Another subject……
The next most exciting thing to happen is for Friday to come……Wow! I can actually say we are going to Moscow, this week. And as the time approaches and Hannah does more and more peculiar and wacko things. I look at her and shake my head and say “Poor, poor, Anoma!” (her roommate) Which she responds in a laugh.
~R

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there! Random comments:

I love hearing a good Reformed marriage sermon! My friend married earlier this summer, and I had this privilege. It's new every time.

I agree: "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" is a bizarre and morbid sort of book. If the movie's anything like the book, I wouldn't bother watching. :P