Monday, July 11, 2005

My world seems to be falling apart; I can’t keep up with time or life.

On Thursday I was vacuuming the boys’ room and had to put the bunk bed ladder on the top mattress so it would be out of my way. My mind was not completely focused on my job since I was listening to a cassette tape. As I took the ladder back down I wasn’t looking at what I was doing and didn’t realize it was still several inches to the floor, I dropped it and it landed squarely on my left big toe. For a second I didn’t feel anything, but, a moment later I was flat on the floor clenching my teeth together while trying to hold back the pain. Right away it swelled up and turned blue...so for 3 days I’ve had to limp around, thankfully today I was actually able to walk quite normally. It certainly doesn’t help that I either keep stubbing it or it gets stepped on by other people.

Today I started out by trying to do some math, that attempt failed miserably and has for the last month. Instead I got distracted because I started to look at the school I want to accomplish this fall.

Then Hannah asked me to come out the office and get some more “hours in training done”. But that phrase sounds far too efficient for what really is going on. Hannah is trying to teach me some of the business’ basic paper work since she is leaving in 3 ½ weeks and nobody else knows how to do much of the computer work for it. My attempts so far have not really gone anywhere. I do fine when she explains to me the procedure of how it works and what to do, but, I go back later to do something on my own and I can’t; in other words my memory is zip, zilch, noughta. Hopefully I’ll be able to retain some knowledge of the stuff so we all aren’t left hanging.

Later:

Aww, a little while ago Mother sent me on a mission. So, I armed myself with tennis shoes, a little dust broom and a flashlight and began the march to the basement. Several persons in our family had heard squeaking behind the dryer and Mother couldn’t bare the thought of going down there with that on her mind...and of course the boys would be gone at Tae Kwon Do so I was volunteered by Mother to do the job. After some searching I spotted the little critter; the poor thing was walking back and forth, back and forth. When it came close enough to one side I took my little hand broom and I squished it into the corner.

What I can’t understand is how/why baby mice have to be so adorably gross. The little thing had little ears, a tail and a miserable cry. A little bit later Maggie was dying to see it and her analysis was simply

“DE-GUS-TING!”

Anyway, I’d better get some reading or something done.

Yours sincerely,

Lydia

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too bad baby mice wreak so much havoc, make so many messes, and grow up so fast. Those things aside, they are rather appealing creatures. :o)

Unknown said...

:D

Too bad baby mice wreak so much havoc, make so many messes, and grow up so fast. Those things aside, they are rather appealing creatures. :o)

Unknown said...

So sorry I double-commented. O_O